Cold welding: top quality connection without thermal stress
Correction of casting and surface defects on metals – connection, correction and repair of components. With all the advantages of chemical cold welding.
ultrametal from DIAMANT Metallplastic is the industry-wide proven material for the connection, correction and repair of large defects in metal workpieces. The highly durable 2-component repair system on a polymer basis is distinguished by long workability (long pot lives) as well as low shrinkage. Unlike conventional welding methods, cold welding with ultrametal requires no elaborate accessories and a much lower expenditure of time – no input of heat into the component. Therefore, cold welding does not cause stress cracking or deformation of the component, for example.
Versatile in use, proven over decades
Typical areas of application for ultrametal from DIAMANT Metallplastic are:
- coating of pumps, containers and heat exchangers
- axle and shaft repairs
- maintenance and repair of metal parts
- correction of blow holes
- gluing of metal, wood, concrete
ultrametal is under continuous development and has been used successfully for over 50 years in leading branches of the metalworking and mechanical engineering industries:
- oil and gas industry
- chemical industry
- pump and housing construction
- machine manufacturing
ultrametal materials repair worn, eroded, corroded or damaged metal surfaces and parts or connect them securely and permanently. With excellent technical properties.
ultrametal: convincing properties, decisive advantages
- low material shrinkage
- long workability (long pot life)
- simple application – no special knowledge required
- needs no additional equipment
- chemical cold welding: no supply of heat required
- no risk of stress cracking or deformation of the component
- can be machined like metal
- suitable for all types of metal
- wear resistant
- high compressive, shear and flexural strength
- permanently temperature resistant up to 160 °C
Strong also with other materials
Perfect for metal, ideal for many other materials: ultrametal from DIAMANT Metallplastic also connects and repairs parts and surfaces made of ceramics, wood, gypsum, concrete and other materials. The variety of versions in the ultrametal product range means that there is a suitable solution for every application. Ready to mix with the two components resin and hardener. For fast, uncomplicated use in industry and handicrafts. For top quality work results.