Diamant Metallplastic GmbH, located in the Mönchengladbach district of Rhineland, develops, formulates and produces metal polymers and coatings for the metal processing industry, casting technology, steel and bridge construction as well as shipbuilding.
With its numerous product solutions and patents, the specialist has established itself wherever it is a matter of protecting, refining, sealing, optimizing, maintaining, connecting or repairing metals and other materials.
Polymer-bonded metals and coating materials from Diamant Metallplastic lend industrial processes safety and efficiency, accelerate production and assembly and increase the quality as well as the service life of machines and components. In addition, they help to reduce costs and waste and replace complex methods with intelligent procedures.
Founded in 1892 and still run as a family business, Diamant Metallplastic GmbH has a global sales network with more than 40 sales representatives in the major industrial centers around the world.
In addition to the production, the consulting and application areas have also been significantly expanded in recent years and the company has expanded into a full-service partner, from consulting on product development and production to product application.
Diamant Metallplastic researches and manufactures exclusively in Germany.
In 1892, Robert Schulz founded the “Robert Schulz Drogerie” as a chemical trade in the foundry founded by Robert Schulz in Germany in 1886.
From the knowledge of the production problems of foundry products and chemical processes, Robert Schulz is sure to meet the growing demand for metal repair kits. Shortly afterwards, leading foundries in Germany use the first repair mats formulated by Robert Schulz as “cast cosmetics”.
After the First World War the business was expanded and the company changed into “Adler Rheydter Lack-, Spachtel- & Kittfabrik”. Primarily, specialties for the foundry industries are also produced.
After the Second World War, the third entrepreneur generation rebuilds the completely destroyed factory building and changes the company name to “Adler Kitte”.
In 1951, first formulations based on epoxy and polyester resins were produced and used under the trademark “Diamant-Kitte Schulz & Co.”. In the late 1950s, the first trade contacts were established with Eastern Europe.
In the mid-1970s, the company changed its name to “DIAMANT Metallplastic GmbH”, modernized the company’s location in the Rhineland Mönchengladbach and successfully expanded its distribution to America and Asia.
In addition to production, the business areas of consulting and application have been significantly expanded in the 2000s and the company has grown into a full-service partner from consulting on product development and production to product application.
To date, the Diamant Metallplastic, which is still a family business, has been formulated, developed and produced exclusively in Germany.